Silver Springs man arrested on suspicion of DUI, speeding in school zone
April 2, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 12:33 a.m.: Mark Edward Davis, 27, of Carson City was arrested in the 2700 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of a felony parole-and-probation violation, as well as on an alternative-sentencing violation. Also arrested was a 22-year-old Reno man, on a warrant out of Reno. According to their arrest reports, a deputy went to a hotel on a report of possible fraud. A woman there said a man had asked for a key for room 118 and didn't have identification, and that she wasn't able to reach the room's occupant. The deputy reportedly went to the room and saw Davis and the Reno man, then learned of the Reno man's warrant. Davis reportedly had a blood-alcohol level of 0.146, in violation of his alternative-sentencing agreement. No bail was set for Davis. Bail was set at $651 for the Reno man.
• 3:50 p.m.: Darrell Lane Scholle, 58, of Silver Springs was arrested at Sweetwater and Truckee drives on suspicion of DUI-first offense and speeding in a school zone. According to Scholle's arrest report, a deputy saw him driving 32 mph in a 15 mph speed zone, and Scholle failed four field sobriety tests. Total bail was set at $1,150.
• 4:43 p.m.: Manuel Jesus Zavala, 47, of Dayton was arrested at Arrowhead and Centennial Park drives on suspicion of felony sex offender failing annual verification, non-resident suspended/revoked and basic speeding, as well as on a failure-to-appear warrant out of Dayton. According to Zavala's arrest report, a deputy saw him driving 48 mph in a 35 mph speed zone and pulled him over, then learned that Zavala's California driver's license was suspended. Total bail was set at $7,927.
• 11:10 a.m.: A 33-year-old Carson City man was arrested at the Carson City Jail on two violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrants out of Carson City. Total bail was set at $6,000.
• 3:45 p.m.: A 21-year-old Carson City man was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a violation-of-conditions warrant out of Carson City. Bail was set at $1,000.
• 2:01 p.m.: A 41-year-old Carson City man was arrested at Carson-Tahoe hospital on suspicion of making threats. According to the man's arrest report, a doctor said he'd threatened to kill the president, then threatened to kill the doctor's unborn child. Bail was set at $500.
• 2:19 a.m.: A 25-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 900 block of East Robinson Street on a violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrant. According to the man's arrest report, a deputy came to the location to address a noise complaint. The man reportedly had a blood-alcohol level of 0.198, in violation of his alternative-sentencing agreement. Bail was set at $1,000.
• 3:05 p.m.: A 33-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 1900 block of Marian Avenue on a violation-of-bail-conditions warrant. According to the woman's arrest report, a deputy went to the location on a report of battery and smelled alcohol on her breath. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 4:18 p.m.: A 54-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 3200 block of Imperial Way on a contempt-of-court warrant out of Carson City. Bail was set at $2,086.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.