Sparks man and South Tahoe woman injured in Saturday night crash
March 24, 2014
A 20-year-old Sparks man and a 21-year-old South Lake Tahoe woman were critically injured when the motorcycle they were riding struck a pickup at 10:45 p.m. Saturday.
According to the Nevada Highway Patrol:
A 2007 maroon-and-gold Suzuki street bike driven by Andrey Gallegos was southbound on Roop Street approaching Fairview Drive where it collided with a Chevy Silverado driven by Donald McKean, 60, of Gardnerville. McKean was westbound on Fairview. Both people on the motorcycle were ejected.
Gallegos and passenger Audrey Rugamas were transported by Care Flight to Renown Regional Medical Center. McKean was not injured.
The motorcycle reportedly was being driven from South Lake Tahoe to Carson City between 9:40 and 10:40 p.m.
Sheriff Ken Furlong said Saturday night that deputies pursued the motorcycle multiple times after it was seen speeding.
Trooper Chris Kelly of the NHP Major Accident Investigation Team is asking if any businesses or witnesses may have captured video or seen the motorcycle are asked to contact Kelly at 775-689-4661 or email@example.com regarding case number NHP-140301796.
Trending In: Crime
- Arrest made in Lyon County fatal shooting
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office issues citation for failed alcohol compliance
- Carson City man arrested in Yuba City shooting
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on suspicion of hit and run, DUI