Teacher jailed for sexual conduct with student to get parole hearing
June 5, 2014
The former Carson High teacher convicted of sexual misconduct with a student will get her first parole hearing sometime in July.
Jennifer Dalton, 36, pleaded no contest to the charge after another teacher saw her and a 17-year-old male student "hugging and kissing" on the couch in a classroom.
The arrest reports at the time stated they were not charging she had sex with the boy. But the co-teacher who reported the conduct said Dalton told her afterward, "if they were not interrupted, it might have gone further."
State law specifically prohibits sexual conduct between a school district employee and students 17 and younger.
The incident occurred in August, 2011. Dalton was escorted from the school grounds and subsequently terminated.
Judge James Wilson sentenced her to 12-30 months in prison last October.
No specific parole hearing date has yet been set.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Man arrested on suspicion of felony burglary says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on felony hit and run, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Woman arrested on parole violation, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office seeks burglary suspects
- Man arrested on DUI-third, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office