Teachers’ aide accused of sex with 14-year-old
May 24, 2014
A teachers' aide at Eagle Valley Middle School has been charged with four counts of having sex with a 14-year-old student.
Stephanie Mariskanish was charged in a criminal complaint filed Friday in Carson Justice Court.
Sexual conduct between a school employee aged 21 or older and any student is a Category B felony under Nevada law. If convicted, each count carries a possible six years in prison and a $5,000 fine.
According to the complaint filed by Assistant District Attorney Mark Krueger, Mariskanish had sex with the boy at her apartment on Roop Street several times beginning in February of this year.
The sexual contact allegedly happened Feb. 1-28. Mariskanish was described as a Para-Pro or teacher's aide for special needs students.
She was arrested on the charges Friday after the complaint was filed.
Trending In: Crime
- Woman arrested for slashing tires, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on suspicion of felony elder abuse says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary
- Local man faces two felony assault charges, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- High Desert inmate death under investigation