Teachers’ aide accused of sex with 14-year-old
May 24, 2014
A teachers' aide at Eagle Valley Middle School has been charged with four counts of having sex with a 14-year-old student.
Stephanie Mariskanish was charged in a criminal complaint filed Friday in Carson Justice Court.
Sexual conduct between a school employee aged 21 or older and any student is a Category B felony under Nevada law. If convicted, each count carries a possible six years in prison and a $5,000 fine.
According to the complaint filed by Assistant District Attorney Mark Krueger, Mariskanish had sex with the boy at her apartment on Roop Street several times beginning in February of this year.
The sexual contact allegedly happened Feb. 1-28. Mariskanish was described as a Para-Pro or teacher's aide for special needs students.
She was arrested on the charges Friday after the complaint was filed.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Arrest made involving vehicle used to try to hit people, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Two arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Reno man arrested on felony failure to appear says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- 2 arrested on fugitive from justice charges, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel