Two women arrested in Fernley fatal accident
November 20, 2014
Two women who were in the vehicle that struck and killed a pedestrian in Fernley on Monday have been arrested on charges related to the incident.
Katrina E. Paddy, 22, and Liann Christy, 21, both of Wadsworth, were arrested and booked into Lyon County Jail. Alcohol was a contributing factor in the fatal accident, the Nevada Highway Patrol reported.
The accident happened at about 2:15 p.m. on State Route 427 approximately a half-mile north of Love's gas station.
The two women were traveling south in a beige 2002 Chevrolet pickup when it left the west paved roadway edge and struck a pedestrian alongside the road, NHP reported. The pedestrian, Latasha Lee Woods, 28, of Wadsworth, died at the scene.
Trooper Karen Garretson of the NHP's Multi-disciplinary Investigation and Reconstruction Team is investigating the accident. Anyone who may have witnessed the accident or may have more information is encouraged to contact Trooper Garretson at (775) 689-4625 or email@example.com regarding case number NHP-141101628.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Man arrested for stabbing woman, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested after attempting to flee from police, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Carson City man arrested after standoff
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Felony drug charges for transient, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office