Update: ‘Suspicious’ package turns out to be a delivery
August 13, 2014
A mislabeled package led to the bomb squad being called to the state’s Health and Human Services building on Technology Way Wednesday afternoon. The call came in about 1 p.m. By 3 p.m. the area was cleared.
The suspicious package left at the state’s Health and Human Services building was unfounded, Sheriff Ken Furlong said. The package was believed to be a UPS delivery, he said.
The Explosive Ordinance Detail of the Tahoe-Douglas Bomb Squad was called to Technology Way and Arrowhead Drive at about 1:20 p.m. for the suspicious package.
Trending In: Crime
- Arrest made in Lyon County fatal shooting
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office issues citation for failed alcohol compliance
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on suspicion of hit and run, DUI
- Carson City man arrested in Yuba City shooting
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia