Update: ‘Suspicious’ package turns out to be a delivery
August 13, 2014
A mislabeled package led to the bomb squad being called to the state's Health and Human Services building on Technology Way Wednesday afternoon. The call came in about 1 p.m. By 3 p.m. the area was cleared.
The suspicious package left at the state's Health and Human Services building was unfounded, Sheriff Ken Furlong said. The package was believed to be a UPS delivery, he said.
The Explosive Ordinance Detail of the Tahoe-Douglas Bomb Squad was called to Technology Way and Arrowhead Drive at about 1:20 p.m. for the suspicious package.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Two arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Arrest made involving vehicle used to try to hit people, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Reno man arrested on felony failure to appear says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- 2 arrested on fugitive from justice charges, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to hear Lompa Ranch project developer agreement