Update: ‘Suspicious’ package turns out to be a delivery
August 13, 2014
A mislabeled package led to the bomb squad being called to the state's Health and Human Services building on Technology Way Wednesday afternoon. The call came in about 1 p.m. By 3 p.m. the area was cleared.
The suspicious package left at the state's Health and Human Services building was unfounded, Sheriff Ken Furlong said. The package was believed to be a UPS delivery, he said.
The Explosive Ordinance Detail of the Tahoe-Douglas Bomb Squad was called to Technology Way and Arrowhead Drive at about 1:20 p.m. for the suspicious package.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Man arrested for felony assault with deadly weapon, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Dayton man held on trespassing charge, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Inmate dies at state prison in Carson City
- Man arrested on battery charge, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office