Woman, child hit at Roop and 5th streets
July 31, 2014
A woman and child were injured Wednesday morning when they were struck by a car at Roop and 5th streets.
The accident occurred at 9:35 a.m. It's the second pedestrian injury accident in less than a week and the third in four weeks in Carson City.
The latest victims, a female senior citizen in a wheelchair with a juvenile on her lap, were taken to Renown Regional Medical Center. She was taken by CareFlight medical helicopter and the juvenile by ambulance. The extent of their injuries was unknown and no names have been released.
This accident follows a Friday injury accident suffered by a pedestrian attempting to cross Carson Street between the Nugget and Cactus Jack's.
The man, who appeared to be in his 60s, suffered a broken leg and head injuries.
That accident prompted a letter to the editor from Sheriff's Sgt. Scott McDaniel pointing out in the previous three weeks, two pedestrians had been hit.
He cautioned not only motorists to pay better attention but pedestrians to put away cell phones and other devices that could distract them from approaching traffic.
Trending In: Crime
- Transient held on battery charge, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man arrested on suspicion of robbery says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- 60-year-old arrested for DUI, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Former Lake Tahoe Brewing Co. owner Michael Candelario surrendered to police Tuesday
- Prison for Fernley woman in deadly DUI crash