Zglinski sentenced to life for lewdness with 8-year-old
July 22, 2014
John Zglinski, 52, was sentenced on Monday to life in prison for lewdness with an 8-year-old girl.
He was arrested in early May and has been held in jail since then on $150,000 bail.
Zglinski pleaded guilty to the charge.
Assistant District Attorney Mark Krueger said Zglinski’s statement to the court, “where the defendant says there is no excuse, it just happened.”
District Judge Todd Russell pointed out that the Category A felony is a mandatory life sentence. Zglinski must serve at least 10 years before becoming eligible for parole.
Trending In: Crime
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested on possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia
- Carson City man arrested in Yuba City shooting
- Man stabbed in altercation in Carson City
- One dead in Silver Springs shooting