Zglinski sentenced to life for lewdness with 8-year-old
July 22, 2014
John Zglinski, 52, was sentenced on Monday to life in prison for lewdness with an 8-year-old girl.
He was arrested in early May and has been held in jail since then on $150,000 bail.
Zglinski pleaded guilty to the charge.
Assistant District Attorney Mark Krueger said Zglinski's statement to the court, "where the defendant says there is no excuse, it just happened."
District Judge Todd Russell pointed out that the Category A felony is a mandatory life sentence. Zglinski must serve at least 10 years before becoming eligible for parole.
Trending In: Crime
- Multiple drug and alcohol related arrested during the weekend says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Three arrested in connection with meth lab in Carson City
- Nevada Transportation Authority investigator arrested again
- Man arrested on possession of a controlled substance, failure to appear, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Corrections guard arrested on domestic charge in Carson City