‘A Handful of Nickels’ showing this weekend
June 20, 2013
Piper's Opera House will present "A Handful of Nickels," a vaudeville and burlesque comedy production, at 7 p.m. Friday and at 2 and 7 p.m. Saturday.
The show will feature musician and actor Larry Elliott, who plays guitar, piano, banjo, fiddle, mandolin and harmonica. Comedy duo Jeanette Knight and Michael Seneca will perform material drawn from Knight's experience as a Las Vegas showgirl and dancer. She was recently recognized as an outstanding professional lead actress in a musical by the Desert Theatre League for her portrayal of Louise in "Always, Patsy Cline."
Michael Seneca was a part of the famous comedy-improv group Second City in Chicago. He lives in Northern Nevada and has worked on multiple films.
"A Handful of Nickels" pays tribute to Jimmy Durante, George M. Cohan, George Burns and Gracie Allen. Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door.
Piper's Opera House is located at 12 N. B St. in Virginia City. For more information or to buy tickets, call 775-847-0433.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Carson City area live entertainment for Feb. 23-March 1, 2017
- Lineup set for 2017 Night in the Country festival in Yerington
- Robyn Jordan: Food hub strives to be epicenter of local eats
- Capital City Community Band’s Annual Salute to Young Musicians concert planned
- ‘American Sniper’ features local Cody Kiser as Bradley Cooper’s stunt man