Area ice cream truck among participants at Fandango’s second Gourmet Food Truck Festival
June 23, 2013
The second annual Fandango Gourmet Food Truck Festival is set for Saturday with about 20 trucks, among them a local ice cream truck that just began business under new management.
Shahla Fadaie, an Indian Hills resident, recently purchased the Mr. Ice Cream truck and started her new firm called Shahlala Healthy Ice Cream Rush. She serves a northern Douglas County route established by the previous owner. She intends to introduce two of her new flavors at the outdoor truck food fest next Saturday, which is from noon to 5 p.m. at the Fandango Casino in Carson City.
"We use only the highest quality ingredients and they are delicious," said Fadaie, touting all her offerings but featuring the new Mud 'N Pie and Worm 'N Dirt. She claimed people who try her ice cream flavors should get a healthy rush upon tasting them.
She includes flavors with just 100 calories and also has an ice cream cup for dogs called Frosty Paws, which is formulated by Purina.
The truck usually serves on Saturdays and Sundays at James Lee Park in Indian Hills and runs an Indian Hills route on Saturdays, a Sunridge route on Sundays, Chichester and Stodick Estates on Tuesdays and Stephanie Way/Johnson Lane on Wednesdays. The truck also is available for parties or events.
The Fandango food truck fest on a website providing information about it lists, though it notes the list is subject to change, other trucks that will participate: Bodawgs; Chi-Town Hustler; Divine Bakery; Fat Daddy's; Game Day Grill; Gourmet; I'd Eat There; Kenji's' Lazy Sundae; Mellow Yellow Food; Mount Mogrit Gourmet; Nevada Nosh; Pearsons Cajun Food; Slap Yo Mama; St. Lawrence Pizza; Sunrise Sandwich Co., Taster's Paradise and Traffic Jam.
Admission is free, the event is open to all ages. Added to the mix this year is a craft fair.
Also noted on the Fandango website, as well as in the vocalist's web information, is a scheduled appearance by Callie Bobsin. She is billed as a Los Angeles-based Nashville recording artist currently touring and promoting her EP "On My Way," which has six songs and the title track. Exact time for the appearance wasn't yet available.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Truckee is filled with fascinating historic places
- ‘American Sniper’ features local Cody Kiser as Bradley Cooper’s stunt man
- Carson City area live entertainment for Feb. 23-March 1, 2017
- Lineup set for 2017 Night in the Country festival in Yerington
- Brigham Young University’s International Folk Dance Ensemble to visit Carson City
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts