Ball to benefit historic Piper’s Opera House in Virginia City
July 26, 2013
A Multi-Dance Ball to raise money for the historic Piper’s Opera House in Virginia City will not only showcase an array of dances, it will allow audience members to kick up their heels as well.
“We will have some contra dancing at the beginning of our dance,” explained Tiffany Hopkins, of Yaple’s Ballroom, which is organizing the ball. “Anyone can participate, no dance knowledge needed. We will walk you through it. Once we are done, we will have our social dance filled with ballroom, swing, Latin, country and more.”
The night will begin 6 p.m. Aug. 9 with a dinner followed by a performance from students and professionals from Yaple’s Ballroom, The Ballroom of Reno and Wright 2 Dance.
After the show, the dance floor will open for a ball, with music provided by The Craig Fletcher Band and a disc jockey from Yaple’s Ballroom.
“We want to get a whole bunch of dancers,” Hopkins said. “We want everyone to come and have fun.”
A professional videographer and photographer from Lasting Touch will be on hand for photos. Hopkins suggested guests dress semiformal or formal.
“They can come with a significant other or just friends,” she said. “They can dress formal and get some really nice pictures taken.”
Videos of the evening will be sold for $30.
Proceeds will benefit Piper’s Opera House.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Carson City area live entertainment for Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2016
- Western artist Glynnis Miller showing work in annual Nevada Day Art Show in Carson City
- Capital City Community Band bringing back free Nevada Day Concert in Carson City
- Carson City Brewery Arts Center screening original ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ Oct. 28
- Recipe: Chili by David Theiss