Carson City Symphony plays Artown with ‘Movies & More’
July 4, 2013
Carson City Symphony will present "Movies & More" as part of this year's Artown festival at 5 p.m. Sunday at Trinity Episcopal Church, 200 Island Ave. in Reno.
The program will feature organ soloist Michael Langham, bassoon soloist Eric Fassbender and vocal soloist Jakki Ford with the symphony performing themes from "Grease!," "Chicago" and other films. Bassoonist Eric Fassbender will join the symphony for a Theme and Variations by Nino Rota, an Italian composer who wrote music for the movies. Jakki Ford will sing "Lady is a Tramp," "Don't Get Around Much Anymore" and excerpts from "Evita" and "Porgy and Bess."
Michael Langham, Trinity music director and principal organist, will play Handel's Organ Concerto No. 6 on a Casavant Frères pipe organ that has 2,177 pipes. Langham plays organ, piano, and harp and also directs the Carson Chamber Singers.
Admission is $10. Tickets can be purchased at the door or at http://www.CCSymphony.com
For more information, call 775-883-4154.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Grant Davis from Carson City to play Ben Bentley in “Something Like Summer”
- Nevada Day art exhibit planned for Carson City
- Artist showing work in Carson City gallery
- Beatles tribute concert planned in Virginia City
- Before it was Nevada History … It was news: Officials call MGM fire worst in Vegas history
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office concerned with rising number of wrecks