Carson Valley Inn celebrates Elvis
January 1, 2014
The Carson Valley Inn will hold its Elvis Week celebration — an event to mark Elvis Presley's would-be 79th birthday in January — from Jan. 6-11.
Brian Andrews will perform as Elvis twice each night from Jan. 8-11 in the Cabaret Lounge.
"Brian Andrews is the closest thing to Elvis I've ever seen or heard," said D.J. Fontana, Elvis' drummer from 1954 to 1968.
Former Elvis body guard Dave Hebler will share stories and answer questions between the Elvis shows. A jam session featuring fifties and sixties music, including plenty of Elvis tunes, will wrap up each night.
The celebration also offers teddy bear giveaways on Jan. 6 and free cake and champagne from noon to 1 p.m. and from 6 to 7 p.m. Jan. 8.
Some of Elvis' favorite foods such as biscuits in white sausage gravy, fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches with bacon, cornmeal-battered fried catfish and banana pudding with vanilla wafer cookies will be served from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. during Elvis Week in Katie's Country Kitchen.
The Carson Valley Inn is located on Highway 395 in Minden. For more information, go to http://www.carsonvalleyinn.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Lineup set for 2017 Night in the Country festival in Yerington
- Hoover Dam continues to impress
- More artists to attend 2017 Night in the Country festival in Yerington
- Recipe: Grilled Italian sausage with bell peppers and onions by David Theiss
- Bands on tap at this summer’s Carl Howell Memorial Music Festival in Carson City