‘Chicago’ presented at Carson community center
April 30, 2014
The Western Nevada Musical Theater Company will present the Broadway blockbuster "Chicago" on weekends May 9-18 at the Carson City Community Center.
Set in the windy city during the roaring 1920s, the show follows the stories of two murderers — nightclub singer Velma Kelly, who kills her husband and sister when she finds them cheating on her, and aspiring vaudeville singer Roxie Hart, who murders her lover. Lawyer Billy Flynn takes on their cases for big money and reporter Mary Sunshine turns their trials into soap opera spectacles.
Starring is Kristin Charismas as Roxie, Robin Kato as Velma, Jeff Chamberlin as Billy Flynn, Cindy Sabatini as Mama Morton, Jeffrey Fast as Amos Hart and Christina Bourne as Mary Sunshine. More than 30 dancers complete the cast. Gina Kaskie Davis choreographs and Kevin Murphy conducts a 14-piece orchestra. Parental guidance is suggested.
Friday and Saturday performances will be at 7:30 p.m.; Sunday matinees will be at 2 p.m. A 2 p.m. matinee is set for Saturday, May 17.
Individual show tickets cost $25 and $28, according to location in the theater. Tickets, including discounted season tickets, are available at wnmtc.com or from ProTix at 866-977-6849.
For more information, call 775-445-4249.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Robyn Jordan: Food hub strives to be epicenter of local eats
- Carson City area live entertainment for Feb. 23-March 1, 2017
- ‘American Sniper’ features local Cody Kiser as Bradley Cooper’s stunt man
- Catch art display by Western Nevada College students in Carson City
- Capital City Community Band’s Annual Salute to Young Musicians concert planned