Comedy skit show set to aid Dayton community center
September 12, 2013
Misfits Theater Group will present a comedy skit show about historical Dayton at 1 p.m. Sept. 21 at the Dayton Valley Community Center.
The show is about two miners who run the Dippe-Sheets Mine, which is in danger of getting shut down by the Bureau of Underground Minerals. Eccentric visitors include a desert jokester, cowboy poet and fortune teller. Singers Donna Crowell and James Lee Reeves will be featured.
A $10 donation will be taken at the door. Reservations are not required, but tickets in advance can be purchased by calling 775-246-9622.
All proceeds benefit the preservation of the Dayton Valley Community Center. The building housed the first Lyon County Court House and later became the high school.
For more information or reservations, call 775-246-9622.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel