Comedy skit show set to aid Dayton community center
September 12, 2013
Misfits Theater Group will present a comedy skit show about historical Dayton at 1 p.m. Sept. 21 at the Dayton Valley Community Center.
The show is about two miners who run the Dippe-Sheets Mine, which is in danger of getting shut down by the Bureau of Underground Minerals. Eccentric visitors include a desert jokester, cowboy poet and fortune teller. Singers Donna Crowell and James Lee Reeves will be featured.
A $10 donation will be taken at the door. Reservations are not required, but tickets in advance can be purchased by calling 775-246-9622.
All proceeds benefit the preservation of the Dayton Valley Community Center. The building housed the first Lyon County Court House and later became the high school.
For more information or reservations, call 775-246-9622.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Lineup set for 2017 Night in the Country festival in Yerington
- Hoover Dam continues to impress
- More artists to attend 2017 Night in the Country festival in Yerington
- Recipe: Grilled Italian sausage with bell peppers and onions by David Theiss
- Bands on tap at this summer’s Carl Howell Memorial Music Festival in Carson City