Comedy skit show set to aid Dayton community center
September 12, 2013
Misfits Theater Group will present a comedy skit show about historical Dayton at 1 p.m. Sept. 21 at the Dayton Valley Community Center.
The show is about two miners who run the Dippe-Sheets Mine, which is in danger of getting shut down by the Bureau of Underground Minerals. Eccentric visitors include a desert jokester, cowboy poet and fortune teller. Singers Donna Crowell and James Lee Reeves will be featured.
A $10 donation will be taken at the door. Reservations are not required, but tickets in advance can be purchased by calling 775-246-9622.
All proceeds benefit the preservation of the Dayton Valley Community Center. The building housed the first Lyon County Court House and later became the high school.
For more information or reservations, call 775-246-9622.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Truckee is filled with fascinating historic places
- Lineup set for 2017 Night in the Country festival in Yerington
- Carson City area live entertainment for Feb. 23-March 1, 2017
- ‘American Sniper’ features local Cody Kiser as Bradley Cooper’s stunt man
- Capital City Community Band’s Annual Salute to Young Musicians concert planned