Dance lessons planned ahead of BAC’s summer concert series
May 18, 2017
Learn how to swing dance before Big Bad VooDoo Daddy hits town.
The swing band kicks off the Brewery Arts Center's (BAC) free summer concert series on June 23.
So the BAC and Yaple's Ballroom are teaming up to offer dance instruction before the big event.
"Anyone Can Dance Swing" will teach basic swing steps and cover single beat, Jitterbug and East Coast swing in a 5-week group dance class every Tuesday, May 23 through June 20, from 6:45-8:18 p.m. "We wanted to take the opportunity of having a world-recognized swing band playing for free right here in Carson City to create a dance class to go with it as we are always working towards partnerships that create an active and engaged environment for people to learn new skills with a specific goal in mind, and Tiffany Alm and Yaples quickly put it together," said Gina Hill, executive director, BAC. The class will be held in Yaple's Ballroom, 315 N. Carson St.
To sign up, visit the BAC, 449 W. King St., or go to breweryarts.org. BAC members will receive a discount.
For information, call 400-2952.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Grant Davis from Carson City to play Ben Bentley in “Something Like Summer”
- Nevada Day art exhibit planned for Carson City
- Artist showing work in Carson City gallery
- Beatles tribute concert planned in Virginia City
- Before it was Nevada History … It was news: Officials call MGM fire worst in Vegas history
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to hear Lompa Ranch project developer agreement