Free concert set for Wednesday at community center
March 18, 2014
Carson High School's instrumental music department will hold its free March concert Wednesday evening at the Carson Community Center, at William and Roop streets.
The 7 p.m. concert will include presentations by the concert band, the jazz band, the wind ensemble and the orchestra. The orchestra will present the world premier of a piece entitled "Basses Rule," which will feature Sue Jesch as guest conductor.
The concert band, wind ensemble and orchestra received superior ratings at the Northern Zone Nevada Music Association (NZNMEA) event Feb. 27, according to Bill Zabelsky, CHS director of bands and orchestra. The orchestra received the highest score among all groups, he said,
The community center concert comes on the heels of a NZNMEA jazz festival event, also at the Community Center, set for Monday evening. The Carson Middle School and Carson High School jazz bands were set to play in that event, along with three other Northern Nevada jazz bands.
Trending In: Entertainment
- ‘American Sniper’ features local Cody Kiser as Bradley Cooper’s stunt man
- Truckee is filled with fascinating historic places
- Recipe: Thanksgiving turkey, stuffing and gravy by Charlie Abowd
- Lineup set for 2017 Night in the Country festival in Yerington
- Nevada Artists Association holding art reception for Winter Show