Fundraiser concert set for Jan. 26
January 17, 2014
The Capital City Community Band of Carson City will perform a fundraiser concert at 3 p.m. Jan. 26 at the First Presbyterian Church, 306 W. Musser St. The concert is free, but the band might not be able to afford to continue if it doesn’t raise enough donations at the event, according to a news release.
“We never charge for a concert,” said director Richard Doede. “The band has been running on donations for 36 years.”
Last year, the band was required to pay for a $2 million insurance policy to practice and perform in city and state venues, according to the release. Each member made a donation to help pay for a policy. The fundraiser concert will be hosted by First Presbyterian Church of Carson City. Performance numbers include pieces by Leroy Anderson and Irving Berlin. For more information, contact Doede at 775-883-2219 or go to http://cccb.weebly.com/index.html.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Carson City area live entertainment for Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2016
- Western artist Glynnis Miller showing work in annual Nevada Day Art Show in Carson City
- Capital City Community Band bringing back free Nevada Day Concert in Carson City
- Recipe: Chili by David Theiss
- Carson City Brewery Arts Center screening original ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ Oct. 28