‘Hairspray’ coming to BAC in December
November 1, 2013
"Hairspray," a Broadway musical comedy and motion picture, will be performed by the Wild Horse Children's Theater in December at Carson City's Brewery Arts Center.
Set in 1962 Baltimore, the script focuses on a full-figured girl with big hair whose passion is dance as she wins a spot on a local television dance program. The musical play, which won Best Musical and seven other Tony Awards, will open Dec. 6 at the BAC Performance Hall, 511 W. King St.
Performances are set for 7 p.m. Dec. 6 and 13, 2 and 7 p.m. Dec. 7 and 14, and 2 p.m. Dec. 8 and 15.
Tickets are $12 for general admission, $10 for students or seniors and members, $6 for ages 4-12, and free for children 3 and under who are accompanied by an adult and don't need a seat. There also is a dinner/show package available through Foodies Bystro at the BAC. Tickets are available at http://www.wildhorsetheater.com or by calling the Wild Horse office at 775-887-0438.
Trending In: Entertainment
- ‘American Sniper’ features local Cody Kiser as Bradley Cooper’s stunt man
- Truckee is filled with fascinating historic places
- Recipe: Thanksgiving turkey, stuffing and gravy by Charlie Abowd
- Lineup set for 2017 Night in the Country festival in Yerington
- Nevada Artists Association holding art reception for Winter Show