‘Hairspray’ coming to BAC in December
November 1, 2013
"Hairspray," a Broadway musical comedy and motion picture, will be performed by the Wild Horse Children's Theater in December at Carson City's Brewery Arts Center.
Set in 1962 Baltimore, the script focuses on a full-figured girl with big hair whose passion is dance as she wins a spot on a local television dance program. The musical play, which won Best Musical and seven other Tony Awards, will open Dec. 6 at the BAC Performance Hall, 511 W. King St.
Performances are set for 7 p.m. Dec. 6 and 13, 2 and 7 p.m. Dec. 7 and 14, and 2 p.m. Dec. 8 and 15.
Tickets are $12 for general admission, $10 for students or seniors and members, $6 for ages 4-12, and free for children 3 and under who are accompanied by an adult and don't need a seat. There also is a dinner/show package available through Foodies Bystro at the BAC. Tickets are available at http://www.wildhorsetheater.com or by calling the Wild Horse office at 775-887-0438.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Carson City live entertainment for Aug. 16-22, 2017
- Jazz Festival hosting Carson City events every weekend in August
- Bands on tap at this summer’s Carl Howell Memorial Music Festival in Carson City
- Grant Davis from Carson City to play Ben Bentley in “Something Like Summer”
- 3rd and Curry St. Farmers Market celebrating 10 years in Carson City
- 150 acre fire burning in Voltaire Canyon: Evacuations ordered; roads closed
- Shine, Madsens inducted into Carson High School Football Hall of Fame
- Car crashes into building at Fourth and Curry streets
- 2015 story: Sex offender sent to prison for child pornogrpahy
- Identities released in Carson City officer involved shooting