‘Handful of Nickels’ comedy show coming to Piper’s
May 30, 2013
Musician and actor Larry Elliott and comedy duo Jeanette Knight and Michael Seneca will appear in "A Handful of Nickels," a vaudeville and burlesque musical comedy show, at 7 p.m. June 21 and 2 and 7 p.m. June 22 at Piper's Opera House, 12 N. B St. in Virginia City.
Elliott plays the guitar, piano, banjo, fiddle, mandolin and harmonica and has appeared on the television show "Days of Our Lives" and the movie "The Cooler."
Knight is a former Las Vegas show girl and dancer, with much of the material in "A Handful of Nickels" drawn from her experience. She has toured the country under Harold Minsky's supervision as part of "Minsky's Follies." She recently was recognized as outstanding professional lead actress in a musical by the Desert Theatre League for her part in "Always, Patsy Cline."
Seneca started out in the comedy-improv group Second City in Chicago. While living in Northern Nevada, he worked on films with David Mamet, Joe Mantegna and Don Ameche. He and Knight appeared in "Bonanza: The Next Generation" and have performed nationwide in many venues.
"A Handful of Nickels" pays tribute to Jimmy Durante, George M. Cohan, George Burns and Gracie Allen, as well as other comics and composers with vaudeville and burlesque routines.
Tickets cost $15 in advance and $20 at the door and can be purchased by calling 775-847-433. Some material might not be suitable for children.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Truckee is filled with fascinating historic places
- ‘American Sniper’ features local Cody Kiser as Bradley Cooper’s stunt man
- Carson City area live entertainment for Feb. 23-March 1, 2017
- Lineup set for 2017 Night in the Country festival in Yerington
- Brigham Young University’s International Folk Dance Ensemble to visit Carson City
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts