‘Les Misérables’ production set for November in Carson
September 15, 2013
Nearly 60 performers have been selected for Western Nevada Musical Theatre Co.'s first production of Les Misérables in November.
The company will present 10 performances of the production on weekends from Nov. 8-24 at the Carson City Community Center.
Nick Favero has been cast in the lead role Jean Valjean, whose dark life as a convict is transformed.
Other cast members include Mark D. Williams as the police inspector Javert, Melody Ricketts as the suffering Fantine, Kirk Gardner and Dianne Hale as the unscrupulous Thenardiers, Andie Anderson as the wistful Eponine, and Maria Arrigotti and Andrew Collins as the lovers Cosette and Marius. Cosette Chamberlin and Grace McCully are double-cast as young Cosette.
The production is complemented by a professional orchestra. It is produced and directed by Stephanie Arrigotti, choreographed by Gina Kaskie Davis and conducted by Kevin Murphy.
Friday and Saturday performances are at 7:30 p.m., with Sunday matinees at 2 p.m., plus a 2 p.m. matinee Saturday, Nov. 23.
Tickets cost $25 or $28 and are available at http://www.wnmtc.com or by calling 775-445-4249.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Truckee is filled with fascinating historic places
- Lineup set for 2017 Night in the Country festival in Yerington
- Carson City area live entertainment for Feb. 23-March 1, 2017
- ‘American Sniper’ features local Cody Kiser as Bradley Cooper’s stunt man
- Capital City Community Band’s Annual Salute to Young Musicians concert planned