Mining history expert to speak Thursday at Nevada State Museum
August 16, 2013
Fred Holabird, a mining geologist, author and mining history expert, will be the guest speaker at the Nevada State Museum's Frances Humphrey Lecture Series from 6:30-8 p.m. Thursday.
Holabird will present "Gold at the Silver Mint: How the 20th Century Gold Mining Boom Affected the Carson City Mint" and will sign his books. His talk will focus on Carson City Mint activity based on surviving records in private hands.
The museum is at 600 N. Carson St. and is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays. Admission is $8 for adults. Visitors 17 and younger and members get in free. For more information, contact Deborah Stevenson at 775-687-4810, ext. 237, or dstevenson@nevada culture.org, or visit Nevada State Museums on Facebook.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Carson City area live entertainment for Feb. 23-March 1, 2017
- Lineup set for 2017 Night in the Country festival in Yerington
- Robyn Jordan: Food hub strives to be epicenter of local eats
- Capital City Community Band’s Annual Salute to Young Musicians concert planned
- ‘American Sniper’ features local Cody Kiser as Bradley Cooper’s stunt man