NAA taking submissions for Photography Show
August 13, 2014
The Nevada Artists Association is inviting local and regional photographers to enter up to two photographs in its annual Photography Show at Carson City's Brewery Arts Center NAA Gallery. NAA membership is not required. Entry date is at 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 30. The exhibit opens Sept. 1 and runs through Oct. 24.
This is a judged show, with awards to first, second and third places. Entries must be photos initiated through the lens of a camera, be properly framed and wired for hanging. Photos must be originals of the entering photographer. Any and all computer manipulation is acceptable as long as a camera was used initially. Entry fees are $10 for first photo for NAA members, $5 for second photo; non-members are $20 and $10.
This exhibit is also a regular show for NAA members to display their paintings.
The NAA/BAC Gallery is open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday. It's located at 449 W. King St. For more information, call 882-6411 or http://www.nevadaartists.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Truckee is filled with fascinating historic places
- ‘American Sniper’ features local Cody Kiser as Bradley Cooper’s stunt man
- Carson City area live entertainment for Feb. 23-March 1, 2017
- Brigham Young University’s International Folk Dance Ensemble to visit Carson City
- Lineup set for 2017 Night in the Country festival in Yerington
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty