‘Old Favorites’ concert Sunday
May 16, 2013
The Capital City Community Band will perform "Old Favorites Band Concert" at 3 p.m. Sunday in the Carson Nugget Hall in the Aspen Building at Western Nevada College's Carson City campus.
The concert will be a tribute to the music of the Civil War era in recognition of the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address. Tuba player Mac Wright will perform on a vintage Civil War-era tuba. Music from the Swing era will also be included with vocalist and tympanist Sandra Irvin singing "Blue Moon" by Rodgers and Hart. Irvin is a retired music educator from Carson City and is a cellist with the Not Quite Ready For Carnegie Hall Orchestra.
The Capital City Community Band has been providing free concerts for Carson City residents and the surrounding areas since 1979. New members are always welcome.
Admission is free. For more information, call Richard Doede at 775-883-2219.
Trending In: Entertainment
- ‘American Sniper’ features local Cody Kiser as Bradley Cooper’s stunt man
- Truckee is filled with fascinating historic places
- Lineup set for 2017 Night in the Country festival in Yerington
- Recipe: Thanksgiving turkey, stuffing and gravy by Charlie Abowd
- Carson City area live entertainment for Feb. 23-March 1, 2017
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Wall of snow at Heavenly