‘Old Favorites’ concert Sunday
May 16, 2013
The Capital City Community Band will perform "Old Favorites Band Concert" at 3 p.m. Sunday in the Carson Nugget Hall in the Aspen Building at Western Nevada College's Carson City campus.
The concert will be a tribute to the music of the Civil War era in recognition of the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address. Tuba player Mac Wright will perform on a vintage Civil War-era tuba. Music from the Swing era will also be included with vocalist and tympanist Sandra Irvin singing "Blue Moon" by Rodgers and Hart. Irvin is a retired music educator from Carson City and is a cellist with the Not Quite Ready For Carnegie Hall Orchestra.
The Capital City Community Band has been providing free concerts for Carson City residents and the surrounding areas since 1979. New members are always welcome.
Admission is free. For more information, call Richard Doede at 775-883-2219.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary