Shrek takes the stage
June 6, 2014
Youth Theatre Carson City's production of "Shrek: The Musical" is set for Friday through Sunday in the Bob Boldrick Theatre at the Carson City Community Center.
Leading the cast as Shrek, the ogre, is Taylor Barth, 19, a student at Western Nevada College. Also featured are Summer Barth, 16, as Donkey; Alexa Haight, 14, and Darby Beckwith, 16, sharing the role of the Princess Fiona; Wesley Sonnemaker, 15, as the evil Lord Farquaad; and Colton Desimone as Gingy, the gingerbread man.
The play begins at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Tickets cost $12 for general admission and $10 for students and seniors. For tickets or more information, go to youththeatrecarsoncity.com or call 775-882-0358.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Carson City Symphony staging first concert of the year Feb. 26
- Catch art display by Western Nevada College students in Carson City
- ‘American Sniper’ features local Cody Kiser as Bradley Cooper’s stunt man
- Lineup set for 2017 Night in the Country festival in Yerington
- All that glitters isn’t always golden