Singing group sought for HopeFest
August 8, 2013
The Carson Tahoe Health Foundation is looking for singing groups to compete for a chance to be the opening act for the hit a cappella group Mo5aic at the 2013 HopeFest. Mo5aic is a five-man vocal band that won the MTV show “Next Top Pop Group” and the CBS singing competition show “A Cappella Quest.”
The contest is open to all a cappella groups (voices only, no instruments) in Northern Nevada. To enter, groups need to record a video singing “Home Means Nevada” a cappella. The winning video will be selected from a panel of HopeFest 2013 judges, but views and shares via social media will help with the chances of winning. The winner will perform at HopeFest 2013 on Aug. 23 at the Carson Tahoe Cancer Center.
For a full list of contest rules, go to carsontahoe.com/voicesforhope.
HopeFest features an outdoor benefit concert by Mo5aic and local band Road Daddy, as well as barbecue and raffle prizes that include a new car or $10,000 in cash. Proceeds help cancer patients in need. Funds are disbursed through the Carson Tahoe Cancer Resource Center.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Carson City area live entertainment for Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2016
- Western artist Glynnis Miller showing work in annual Nevada Day Art Show in Carson City
- Capital City Community Band bringing back free Nevada Day Concert in Carson City
- Carson City Brewery Arts Center screening original ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ Oct. 28
- Recipe: Chili by David Theiss