Slide guitarist to play at fundraiser
July 18, 2013
Tickets are available for a performance by Roy Rogers and the Delta Rhythm Kings, a benefit concert to kick off the Jazz & Beyond Carson City Music Festival, set for 7:30 p.m. Aug. 3 in the Bob Boldrick Theater at the Carson City Community Center.
Rogers is a bottleneck slide guitar player. He has been nominated for eight Grammy Awards as producer and performer and two W.C. Handy Awards, according to a news release.
"Lonesome" Tom Ward will perform original compositions in the lobby as attendees arrive. Ignition: A Tribute to the Incendiary Guitars of a Generation will open the show.
Tickets cost $26 and can be purchased at The Bead Store, 2188 E. William St.; Sundance Books and Music, 121 California Ave. in Reno; Recycled Records, 822 S. Virginia St. in Reno; or http://www.carsoncity.activitytickets.com.
Proceeds will benefit the Comstock Residents Association to preserve the Virginia City National Historic Landmark and the Jazz & Beyond Carson City Music Festival.
For more information, go to http://www.roy-rogers.com or call 775-887-2290, ext. 7419.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Truckee is filled with fascinating historic places
- Lineup set for 2017 Night in the Country festival in Yerington
- Carson City area live entertainment for Feb. 23-March 1, 2017
- ‘American Sniper’ features local Cody Kiser as Bradley Cooper’s stunt man
- Capital City Community Band’s Annual Salute to Young Musicians concert planned