Spanish artist’s work featured at WNC gallery
February 20, 2014
Spanish artist Rafael Lopez offers a series of large-scale paintings in "Rite of Passage," a display featured in three art galleries in the Bristlecone Building at Western Nevada College's Carson City campus.
The exhibit begins with pre-graduate work titled "Painting Timelessness," developed out of the artist's own experience. The second phase, "Living in El Norte," features paintings and recordings that reflect Lopez's experiences as an immigrant to America, being seen as Hispanic rather than Spanish. The next phase, "Faded Glory," considers nationalism versus patriotism.
"Rite of Passage" will be displayed through March 21. For more information, call 775-445-3235.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Lineup set for 2017 Night in the Country festival in Yerington
- Carson City area live entertainment for Feb. 23-March 1, 2017
- Capital City Community Band’s Annual Salute to Young Musicians concert planned
- Film series continues with ‘The Swimmer’
- Robyn Jordan: Food hub strives to be epicenter of local eats