Strings festival Saturday at Empire Elementary
May 5, 2013
Carson City Symphony's Strings in the Schools will present a festival featuring the music of Jay Ungar and Molly Mason at 3 p.m. May 11 at Empire Elementary School, 1260 Monte Rosa Dr. The festival includes a workshop for string players of all ages from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and a potluck lunch.
Ungar and Mason have become one of the most celebrated duos in the American acoustic music scene. They are widely known for appearances on "A Prairie Home Companion" and for their Fiddle and Dance Camps at the Ashokan Center in the Catskill Mountains of New York.
"This all sounds great. You have Molly and my blessing for the Jay Ungar & Molly Mason Festival. I wish we could be there. We hope you have a wonderful, joyful and inspiring workshop," said Jay Ungar.
Admission to the festival and the concert is free. Donations are welcomed.
For more information, schedule, reservations, and music, call Sue Jesch at 775-540-5584.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Carson City Symphony staging first concert of the year Feb. 26
- Catch art display by Western Nevada College students in Carson City
- Robyn Jordan: Food hub strives to be epicenter of local eats
- ‘American Sniper’ features local Cody Kiser as Bradley Cooper’s stunt man
- Lineup set for 2017 Night in the Country festival in Yerington