Strings festival Saturday at Empire Elementary
May 5, 2013
Carson City Symphony’s Strings in the Schools will present a festival featuring the music of Jay Ungar and Molly Mason at 3 p.m. May 11 at Empire Elementary School, 1260 Monte Rosa Dr. The festival includes a workshop for string players of all ages from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and a potluck lunch.
Ungar and Mason have become one of the most celebrated duos in the American acoustic music scene. They are widely known for appearances on “A Prairie Home Companion” and for their Fiddle and Dance Camps at the Ashokan Center in the Catskill Mountains of New York.
“This all sounds great. You have Molly and my blessing for the Jay Ungar & Molly Mason Festival. I wish we could be there. We hope you have a wonderful, joyful and inspiring workshop,” said Jay Ungar.
Admission to the festival and the concert is free. Donations are welcomed.
For more information, schedule, reservations, and music, call Sue Jesch at 775-540-5584.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Carson City area live entertainment for Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2016
- Western artist Glynnis Miller showing work in annual Nevada Day Art Show in Carson City
- Capital City Community Band bringing back free Nevada Day Concert in Carson City
- Recipe: Chili by David Theiss
- Carson City Brewery Arts Center screening original ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ Oct. 28