Tickets on sale for Storytelling Days
May 23, 2013
The Dangberg Home Ranch Historic Park will host Storytelling Days from June 12-16, featuring storytellers performing for children and adults. Following is a list of scheduled performers:
• B.J. Fulmer will present campfire stories from 7-7:45 p.m. June 14. Members of the Astronomical Society of Nevada will host a stargazing event at 9 p.m. Admission is free.
• Storytelling for children will be from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. June 15, with Dianna Borges telling stories of the west While participants ride in a horse-drawn surrey from the Borges Family Carriage Rides. Kim Copel will share tales of stagecoach travel and Tim Ereneta will present on princesses, talking animals and magical objects. Muriel Johnson will present personal and traditional tales. Tickets cost $10 per vehicle, and up to six people arriving together will be admitted.
• Stories for children and adults will be from 2:45-5 p.m., with Muriel Johnson presenting “Stories of Justice and Decision” and Tim Ereneta presenting “Favorite and Forgotten Fairy Tales.” Tickets cost $15 per person and include both performances. Children 16 and younger are admitted free.
• “Wild Women of the West: Eilley Bowers and Julia Bullete,” a play by Kim Copel and Lisa Bommarito, will be featured at 5:30 p.m. June 15-16. The play explores the lives of two Comstock-era Nevadans. Tickets can be added to the afternoon storyteller admission for $5 or can be purchased separately for $10 per person.
• Kirk Waller will conduct a “Storytelling for Children” workshop for children from 10-11:30 a.m. June 16 and Steven Henegar will offer “Stories in Our Lives: Finding and Sharing Family Stories” workshop for adults from 10 a.m. to noon June 16. Each workshop costs $25 per person. Space is limited.
Tickets for all performances may be purchased at http://www.dangberghomeranch.org or at Joyce’s Fine Jewelry, Battle Born Wine, Plant It Nursery and The Entertainer, all in Gardnerville. For more information, call 775-783-9417.