TOCCATA presents 9/11 memorial concert
August 27, 2014
Tahoe Symphony Orchestra and Chorus will begin the Carson Valley Arts Council's 2014-2015 concert series with a performance that commemorates the 13th anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy at 7 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 12, in the sanctuary of Saint Gall Catholic Church, 1343 Centerville Lane in Gardnerville.
The concert will open with Faure's solemn symphonic-choral masterpiece, Requiem, with soloists Anna Helwing and Joy Strotz, sopranos, and Stuart Duke, baritone; and will include the 60-voice Tahoe Symphony Orchestra Chorus.
The Requiem will be followed by Franz Liszt's Hungarian Fantasy for piano and orchestra. Pianist Ann LaRose will join TOCCATA for this series.
The concert will conclude with famed violinist Elizabeth Pitcairn performing Tchaikovsky's Concerto for Violin in D major, Op. 35, on the legendary Red Stradivarius Violin.
Maestro James Rawie, TOCCATA's Founder and Artistic Director, will conduct all performances. Doors open at 6 p.m.
Tickets cost $25 in advance and $28 at the door. Students and children are admitted for $5. For tickets, go to http://www.cvartscouncil.com or the CVAC office, or call 775-782-8207.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Grant Davis from Carson City to play Ben Bentley in “Something Like Summer”
- Nevada Day art exhibit planned for Carson City
- Artist showing work in Carson City gallery
- Beatles tribute concert planned in Virginia City
- Before it was Nevada History … It was news: Officials call MGM fire worst in Vegas history
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to hear Lompa Ranch project developer agreement