TOCCATA presents 9/11 memorial concert
August 27, 2014
Tahoe Symphony Orchestra and Chorus will begin the Carson Valley Arts Council's 2014-2015 concert series with a performance that commemorates the 13th anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy at 7 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 12, in the sanctuary of Saint Gall Catholic Church, 1343 Centerville Lane in Gardnerville.
The concert will open with Faure's solemn symphonic-choral masterpiece, Requiem, with soloists Anna Helwing and Joy Strotz, sopranos, and Stuart Duke, baritone; and will include the 60-voice Tahoe Symphony Orchestra Chorus.
The Requiem will be followed by Franz Liszt's Hungarian Fantasy for piano and orchestra. Pianist Ann LaRose will join TOCCATA for this series.
The concert will conclude with famed violinist Elizabeth Pitcairn performing Tchaikovsky's Concerto for Violin in D major, Op. 35, on the legendary Red Stradivarius Violin.
Maestro James Rawie, TOCCATA's Founder and Artistic Director, will conduct all performances. Doors open at 6 p.m.
Tickets cost $25 in advance and $28 at the door. Students and children are admitted for $5. For tickets, go to http://www.cvartscouncil.com or the CVAC office, or call 775-782-8207.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Carson City Symphony staging first concert of the year Feb. 26
- Catch art display by Western Nevada College students in Carson City
- ‘American Sniper’ features local Cody Kiser as Bradley Cooper’s stunt man
- Lineup set for 2017 Night in the Country festival in Yerington
- All that glitters isn’t always golden