Toccata presents Bach’s Passion in four parts
April 10, 2014
Tahoe Symphony Orchestra and Chorus presents its ninth annual presentation of J. S. Bach's Passion according to St. Matthew in a four-concert series on April 12-18. The Carson City concert is set for 7 p.m. Saturday at Shepherd of the Sierra Lutheran Church on Highway 395. The show will be repeated at other venues on April 13, 16 and 18.
The program will feature selections from Part II of the Passion and will be performed in English. Soloists include Daniel Paulson as the Evangelist; Stuart Duke as Jesus; Anna Helwing and Joy Strotz as soprano soloists and Katharine DeBoer and Liudmilla Mullin as mezzo soprano soloists.
Tickets are available at the door with cash or check or online with credit card. General admission is $25 for adults, $20 for seniors and $5 for students age 19-23. Preferred seating is available for $35 and $15 for youth/students. Youth under 19 are admitted free in non- reserved seating. For preferred seating or details about the repeating concerts, call 775-313-9697, or send an email to Toccatatahoe@gmail.com, or go to http://www.toccatatahoe.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Carson City area locals wanted for indie film, casting call this weekend
- Affordable housing development to break ground in Dayton
- Update: One suspect arrested in Carson City homicide case
- Two suspects arrested in Northern Nevada in relation to Oregon homicide
- Incentives bring 3 companies to Northern Nevada