Todd Green performing at CVIC Hall
December 25, 2013
Todd Green will perform using a variety of instruments from the Middle East, Central Asia, India, China and South America at a concert sponsored by the Carson Valley Arts Council at 6 p.m. Jan. 10 at the CVIC Hall, 1602 Esmeralda Ave., in Minden.
Green's performances are enhanced by digital samplers, which allow him to record and over-dub instruments one by one. He provides explanations of the music and instruments he uses.
As part of the CVAC's effort to provide professional artists and performers to Douglas County School District students, Green will conduct an educational program in conjunction with the concert.
The performance will be preceded by a half-hour quiet, strings-only, live prelude. Tickets cost $15 in advance, $20 at the door, and $5 for children and students with ID.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Truckee is filled with fascinating historic places
- Lineup set for 2017 Night in the Country festival in Yerington
- ‘American Sniper’ features local Cody Kiser as Bradley Cooper’s stunt man
- Carson City area live entertainment for Feb. 23-March 1, 2017
- Brigham Young University’s International Folk Dance Ensemble to visit Carson City