Todd Green performing at CVIC Hall
December 25, 2013
Todd Green will perform using a variety of instruments from the Middle East, Central Asia, India, China and South America at a concert sponsored by the Carson Valley Arts Council at 6 p.m. Jan. 10 at the CVIC Hall, 1602 Esmeralda Ave., in Minden.
Green’s performances are enhanced by digital samplers, which allow him to record and over-dub instruments one by one. He provides explanations of the music and instruments he uses.
As part of the CVAC’s effort to provide professional artists and performers to Douglas County School District students, Green will conduct an educational program in conjunction with the concert.
The performance will be preceded by a half-hour quiet, strings-only, live prelude. Tickets cost $15 in advance, $20 at the door, and $5 for children and students with ID.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Carson City area live entertainment for Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2016
- Western artist Glynnis Miller showing work in annual Nevada Day Art Show in Carson City
- Capital City Community Band bringing back free Nevada Day Concert in Carson City
- Carson City Brewery Arts Center screening original ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ Oct. 28
- Recipe: Chili by David Theiss