Virginia City artist gets Jackpot Grant
October 11, 2013
More than $9,000 in quarterly Jackpot Grant awards from the Nevada Arts Council statewide was announced Thursday, including $1,000 to Shaun Griffin of Virginia City.
Griffin received the award to support costs associated with a reading of his new book, "From Sorrow's Well — The Poetry of Hayden Carruth," with the reading at the Vermont Studio Center. It was the largest award announced for the quarter.
Awards also went to nine other artists and an organization to support arts projects scheduled October-December this year. They are to support new or exemplary arts and education projects initiated by artists, schools, nonprofit organizations and public institutions.
The Nevada Arts Council is a division of the Nevada Department of Tourism and Cultural Affairs.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Truckee is filled with fascinating historic places
- ‘American Sniper’ features local Cody Kiser as Bradley Cooper’s stunt man
- Carson City area live entertainment for Feb. 23-March 1, 2017
- Brigham Young University’s International Folk Dance Ensemble to visit Carson City
- Lineup set for 2017 Night in the Country festival in Yerington
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty