Wood-and-paint art exhibit set at OXS gallery
February 13, 2014
Reno artist Erik Burke’s latest exhibit is featured at the Nevada Arts Council’s OXS gallery through April 4.
Burke creates art in public spaces and works primarily on the street, according to a news release. In the OXS show, Burke focuses on memorials and his travels. The works are collections of aged wood and cheap house paint.
Burke runs The Big Little, an artist-run residency in Reno that focuses on social practices through public works of art. He was granted a 2014 Nevada Arts Council artist fellowship honorable mention.
The gallery is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at 716 N. Carson St. Admission is free.
For more information about the Nevada Arts Council, go to nac.nevadaculture.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Carson City area live entertainment for Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2016
- Western artist Glynnis Miller showing work in annual Nevada Day Art Show in Carson City
- Capital City Community Band bringing back free Nevada Day Concert in Carson City
- Carson City Brewery Arts Center screening original ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ Oct. 28
- Recipe: Chili by David Theiss