2 die during weekend at Northern Nevada Correctional Center in Carson City
March 20, 2017
Robert Gonzales, who was imprisoned for stabbing his wife Connie to death, has died in prison.
The victim was stabbed repeatedly in the parking lot of Family Medical Center on May 3, 1985, in front of several witnesses including her co-workers.
He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to life without possible parole by Carson District Judge Mike Fondi.
That sentence was commuted in 2007 to allow the possibility of parole but in three separate hearings, Gonzales was denied release, the last time in October 2012.
Gonzales died at age 78 at Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center on Sunday morning.
The Nevada Department of Corrections said Monday that Reynoldo Duquesne died Wednesday in the medical unit at Northern Nevada Correctional Center in Carson City. An autopsy was scheduled.
Duquesne was 67 and had been sentenced in Las Vegas to 8-to-20 years for attempted murder.
Prison officials say they haven't been able to find any family members.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Government
- Oakland makes last-ditch effort to keep Raiders from Las Vegas
- Nevada Senate leader: Two major GOP bills won’t receive hearings
- Nevada Legislature Week 8: Marijuana, domestic wells, finalizing budgets ahead this week
- Prison medical costs rising fast, Nevada Legislature told
- Nevada children could be required to start school at age 5