48K state jobless claims processed
September 10, 2013
Although Employment Security officials say 48,000 unemployment claims have now been processed through the division's new insurance system, they conceded that some people haven't received their checks yet.
"The majority of claimants have now received their benefit payments," said Frank Woodbeck, director of the Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation. "We ask those who still have not been able to file to continue to call the automated system until they get through so they can be paid as well."
He said the new system was launched last week after a four-year implementation process. The phone system has run consistently since it was launched Sept. 4.
The online system, he said, was launched Monday, but it may be unavailable intermittently while testing is completed.
There are now two 24-hour numbers people can call — 775-684-0350 and 702-486-0350 — and two more numbers available from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. — 775-684-3387 and 702-486-3387.
Woodbeck said those filing initial claims should use the Internet system, while those filing weekly claims should use the automated telephone system.
Trending In: Government
- Nevada governor OKs $2 million for high school students taking college courses
- Nevada Senate passes right to die bill
- Nevada Division of Museums and History to get staff to handle historic sites
- Trump’s budget draws fire from Nevada delegation
- Sandoval vetoes 7 bills including two that reverse 2015 laws