If the federal shutdown continues past the end of the month, there would be major impacts to Nevada programs ranging from food stamps to the national guard as well as, potentially, forcing hundreds of layoffs. That was the word agency heads gave Gov. Brian Sandoval during Tuesday’s cabinet meeting. He scheduled a briefing later Tuesday for legislative leadership, as well, and said he will send a letter detailing the potential impacts on Nevada and its citizens to the state’s Congressional delegation. “There’s starting to be some real consequences here,” Sandoval said. “I’m not pointing any fingers. Not laying blame.” He …
Shutdown would close Nevada programs in Nov.
Trending in: Government
- Treasurer files for secretary of state
- Lieutenant governor is a coveted job as Nevada filing week begins
- Assemblywoman Flores files for lieutenant governor
- Candidate filing period begins Monday
- Sandoval files to seek 2nd term