Amodei named vice chair of Appropriations
April 10, 2015
Rep. Mark Amodei, R-Nev., has been named vice chairman of the Legislative Branch Appropriations Subcommittee.
Subcommittee chairman Tom Graves, R-Ga., said vice chairs of the various subcommittees play an important role in bringing each of the 12 appropriations bills to the House floor.
"His knowledge of the appropriations process and commitment to the subcommittee's important oversight role will help us make sure every taxpayer dollar under the purview of our subcommittee is spent wisely," he said of Amodei.
The Legislative Branch subcommittee is responsible for a variety of budgets including that of the House of Representatives, the Capitol, Government Accountability Office and Library of Congress among others.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Government
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake