Autopsy ordered in inmate’s death
January 10, 2017
An autopsy has been ordered in the death of a 38-year-old inmate at the Ely State Prison.
Joe Nathan Scott was found unresponsive in his cell at the maximum security facility Tuesday morning. He was housed alone in the cell.
Scott was convicted of second degree murder with a deadly weapon enhancement by a Washoe District court judge. He was sentenced to 18 years to life in prison with the possibility of parole in May 2013.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Government
- Carson City Board of Supervisors tentatively raise property tax
- Little Valley fire probe: State cut staff for prescribed burn turned wildfire
- Equal Rights Amendment to be heard Monday in Nevada Legislature
- Nevada lawmakers asked to OK work on Capitol and at Stewart
- Democrats roll out ‘blueprint’ for Nevada