Autopsy ordered in inmate’s death
January 10, 2017
An autopsy has been ordered in the death of a 38-year-old inmate at the Ely State Prison.
Joe Nathan Scott was found unresponsive in his cell at the maximum security facility Tuesday morning. He was housed alone in the cell.
Scott was convicted of second degree murder with a deadly weapon enhancement by a Washoe District court judge. He was sentenced to 18 years to life in prison with the possibility of parole in May 2013.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Government
- Nevada state workers receive raise in proposed state budget by Gov. Brian Sandoval | 2017 Nevada Legislature
- Sandoval unveils budget Tuesday
- Gov. Brian Sandoval covers accomplishments, goals in State of State | 2017 Nevada Legislature
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval proposes $8.1 billion budget for Fiscal Year 2018-2019
- Sandoval’s budget: No cuts for state workers