Bruce Gilbert selected to run Silver State Health Insurance Exchange
July 10, 2014
Bruce Gilbert of Addison, Texas, was selected as the director of the Silver State Health Insurance Exchange Thursday afternoon.
The Board of the Silver State Health Insurance Exchange completed final interviews Thursday before making the unanimous decision.
Gilbert is a senior executive and former litigator with extensive experience in legal, business and insurance environments. He has expertise in the design, implementation, and analysis of employee benefit programs. Gilbert's areas of knowledge include managed care systems, medical coverage, ancillary and voluntary benefit offerings, and Section 125 cafeteria plans.
He has practiced law, oversaw regional operations for a Fortune 100 healthcare company and served as benefits administrator for the State of Ohio.
"We are pleased to have Mr. Gilbert in the position of executive director," said Barbara Smith Campbell, board chairwoman. "Mr. Gilbert is poised to lead the exchange through the upcoming transitions and ensure that Nevadans are able to effectively sign up for quality health insurance through Nevada Health Link."
Trending In: Government
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- Water bill among 33 proposals now dead at Nevada Legislature
- Prison budget OK’d by Nevada Legislature committees
- Stewart, Kinkead projects among those going forward
- Walker River rec area gets $4.8 million from Nevada Legislature committees