CAMPO looking for alternative transport funding applications
May 11, 2013
The Carson Area Metropolitan Planning Organization is seeking applications by June 18 for funding of projects via the Transportation Alternative Program.
Application instructions and forms are available for downloading from the organization's home page at http://www.carsonareampo.com, and CAMPO staffers will field questions, according to Daniel Doenges, senior transportation planner with Carson City's Public Works Department.
CAMPO includes all of Carson City and parts of Lyon and Douglas counties.
The TAP concept provides financing opportunities for alternative transport infrastructure, such as trails for walking and biking.
The TAP opportunity for fiscal year 2013-14 requires a full application be filled out, including an N/A reference in form slots that aren't deemed applicable.
If a proposed project is approved by the CAMPO board, it will be forwarded to the Nevada Department of Transportation for the next steps.
Applications to CAMPO are due by 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 18, at the CAMPO office, 3505 Butti Way, Carson City, NV 89701. Ten copies are needed.
Trending In: Government
- Nevada governor OKs $2 million for high school students taking college courses
- Sandoval vetoes 7 bills including two that reverse 2015 laws
- Nevada Senate passes right to die bill
- Nevada Division of Museums and History to get staff to handle historic sites
- Trump’s budget draws fire from Nevada delegation