Committees OK $3.06 million for Nevada’s share of TRPA budget
May 21, 2013
Legislative money committees on Saturday approved $3.06 million in appropriations as Nevada's share of the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency budget for the coming two years.
That translates to 25 percent of the total agency budget — less than the one-third share that was traditionally Nevada's over the past but in line with the past biennial budget cycle.
The overall budget includes the enhancement of $505,532 to pay for Nevada's share of the salary for a new senior environmental specialist to manage the TRPA's Aquatic Invasive Species program; a contract with state parks to help with the Tahoe watercraft-inspection program; and an update to the agency's permit-tracking software.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Government
- ‘All I could do was gasp for air’ – Tahoe woman tells of near drowning in Truckee
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy kicks off concert series
- Three arrested on child endangerment, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- It’s going to be another Big, Bad weekend in Carson City
- Guy W. Farmer: Statehood for Puerto Rico not likely