Committees OK $3.06 million for Nevada’s share of TRPA budget
May 21, 2013
Legislative money committees on Saturday approved $3.06 million in appropriations as Nevada's share of the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency budget for the coming two years.
That translates to 25 percent of the total agency budget — less than the one-third share that was traditionally Nevada's over the past but in line with the past biennial budget cycle.
The overall budget includes the enhancement of $505,532 to pay for Nevada's share of the salary for a new senior environmental specialist to manage the TRPA's Aquatic Invasive Species program; a contract with state parks to help with the Tahoe watercraft-inspection program; and an update to the agency's permit-tracking software.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Government
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Carson City and Dayton communities come together after rollover injures seven students
- 15 set to graduate from Carson City Regional Fire Academy
- Helicopter delivers math, science lesson at Eagle Valley Middle School in Carson City
- Charlie Abowd: Thanksgiving: From my table to yours