Deadline for losing candidates is Friday
August 9, 2014
The deadline for candidates who lost or withdrew in the primary to dispose of unspent campaign funds is Friday.
The Secretary of State’s office says there are several legal ways to dispose of the cash including returning unspent money to contributors.
They can also contribute the money to other candidates or pay the debts incurred by their own campaigns. The money can be donated to a political party or any tax-exempt non-profit entity.
It can also be donated to any governmental entity in the state and candidates can request that donation be used for a specific purpose.
The report on what candidates decided to do with the money is due by Oct. 14.
The Elections Division also issued a reminder candidates who lost in the primary, withdrew their candidacy or had no expenses are still required to file the remaining three campaign contribution and expense reports with the division.
Trending In: Government
- Carson City Board of Supervisors tentatively raise property tax
- Little Valley fire probe: State cut staff for prescribed burn turned wildfire
- Nevada lawmakers asked to OK work on Capitol and at Stewart
- Equal Rights Amendment to be heard Monday in Nevada Legislature
- Democrats roll out ‘blueprint’ for Nevada