District Judge Russell running again
September 30, 2013
Carson District Judge James Todd Russell announced Monday he will run for a second six-year term.
He was appointed to the bench in December 2006 by then-Gov. Kenny Guinn and ran unopposed for his first term in 2008.
Russell grew up in Carson City, where his father, Charles, served two terms as governor. He graduated from McGeorge School of Law in 1974 and served as a law clerk in the Nevada Supreme Court and deputy attorney general before entering private practice.
He served from 1999-2003 on the Nevada Ethics Commission and on a variety of federal and Nevada court committees. He is president of the Nevada District Judges Association.
Russell lives in Carson City with his wife, Jeanne.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Government
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to hear Lompa Ranch project developer agreement