Forklift accident kills Reno man in Fernley
November 7, 2013
FERNLEY — The Lyon County sheriff’s office is investigating a fatal forklift accident at the Amazon warehouse in Fernley.
Acting Sheriff’s Lt. Johnny Smith told KOLO-TV a Reno man was crushed by a six-ton forklift he was picking up as a rental at the warehouse on Tuesday.
Smith said the man had loaded the forklift onto a flatbed truck but when he started the lowering the truck bed, the unsecured forklift fell onto him.
Smith said that based on evidence and witness statements, the death already has been ruled an accident and no foul play is suspected.
The man’s name has not been released, but Smith said he is not an Amazon employee.
Trending In: Government
- Carson City Board of Supervisors tentatively raise property tax
- Little Valley fire probe: State cut staff for prescribed burn turned wildfire
- Nevada lawmakers asked to OK work on Capitol and at Stewart
- Equal Rights Amendment to be heard Monday in Nevada Legislature
- Democrats roll out ‘blueprint’ for Nevada