Funding for study on stadium at UNLV OK’d
January 14, 2014
The Board of Examiners on Tuesday approved a $325,000 contract with Convention Sports and Leisure International to study building a major sports stadium on the University of Nevada Las Vegas campus.
The study will include potential financing options to pay for the stadium, said Don Snyder of the UNLV Campus Improvement Authority Board.
CSL International has been involved in some 300 such studies in the U.S. and abroad and is an expert in developing stadium projects, Snyder said.
The consultants will act as project manager for the effort and help the stadium board bring a comprehensive report to the Legislature by Sept. 30. Assembly Bill 335 created the authority board and directed members to explore options to develop a stadium.
Snyder said the money to pay the consultant will come out of existing slot tax revenues, the majority of which are being used to renovate Thomas & Mack Center, the home of UNLV's basketball team.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Government
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake