Health record sharing is online
June 24, 2013
The Nevada Department of Health and Human Services now has an Internet-based system to share protected health records among doctors and other health professionals.
A spokesman said NV DIRECT is secure, is encrypted and meets national standards for ensuring that people seeking access to protected health Information are who they say they are.
The system doesn't require participants to buy software. All they need is an Internet connection.
The service is being provided by Orion Health Inc. and will be free until the nonprofit Nevada Health Information Exchange comes online with services later this year.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Government
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel