Health record sharing is online
June 24, 2013
The Nevada Department of Health and Human Services now has an Internet-based system to share protected health records among doctors and other health professionals.
A spokesman said NV DIRECT is secure, is encrypted and meets national standards for ensuring that people seeking access to protected health Information are who they say they are.
The system doesn’t require participants to buy software. All they need is an Internet connection.
The service is being provided by Orion Health Inc. and will be free until the nonprofit Nevada Health Information Exchange comes online with services later this year.
Trending In: Government
- Carson City Board of Supervisors tentatively raise property tax
- Little Valley fire probe: State cut staff for prescribed burn turned wildfire
- Equal Rights Amendment to be heard Monday in Nevada Legislature
- Nevada lawmakers asked to OK work on Capitol and at Stewart
- Democrats roll out ‘blueprint’ for Nevada