High Desert inmate dies after fight
March 15, 2014
An inmate at High Desert Prison died Thursday following a fight with another inmate.
Daniel Ruiz, 36, was serving time for two counts of attempted lewdness with a minor. He was sentenced in 2011 to up to 12 years in prison by a Clark County judge.
An autopsy is scheduled and an investigation will be conducted to determine if criminal charges will be filed in the case.
Trending In: Government
- Nevada governor OKs $2 million for high school students taking college courses
- Sandoval vetoes 7 bills including two that reverse 2015 laws
- Nevada Senate passes right to die bill
- Nevada Division of Museums and History to get staff to handle historic sites
- Trump’s budget draws fire from Nevada delegation