High Desert inmate dies after fight
March 15, 2014
An inmate at High Desert Prison died Thursday following a fight with another inmate.
Daniel Ruiz, 36, was serving time for two counts of attempted lewdness with a minor. He was sentenced in 2011 to up to 12 years in prison by a Clark County judge.
An autopsy is scheduled and an investigation will be conducted to determine if criminal charges will be filed in the case.
Trending In: Government
- Carson City Board of Supervisors tentatively raise property tax
- Little Valley fire probe: State cut staff for prescribed burn turned wildfire
- Nevada lawmakers asked to OK work on Capitol and at Stewart
- Equal Rights Amendment to be heard Monday in Nevada Legislature
- Democrats roll out ‘blueprint’ for Nevada