Hiker rescued at Lake Tahoe after getting lost
March 20, 2017
SAND HARBOR — Nevada officials say an injured hiker has been rescued at Lake Tahoe after having a health problem.
Authorities said Monday that a man and woman were hiking down to the water on the north side of Lake Tahoe near Bonsai Rock when they got lost. When the man started to have health problems, the woman hiked back to the road to call for help.
Washoe County Sheriff's Office volunteers have rescued the man and taken him to a hospital.
Officials have not yet specified what the health problem was and have not disclosed the condition of the hiker.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Government
- Oakland makes last-ditch effort to keep Raiders from Las Vegas
- Nevada Senate leader: Two major GOP bills won’t receive hearings
- Nevada Legislature Week 8: Marijuana, domestic wells, finalizing budgets ahead this week
- Prison medical costs rising fast, Nevada Legislature told
- Nevada children could be required to start school at age 5