Hiker rescued at Lake Tahoe after getting lost
March 20, 2017
SAND HARBOR — Nevada officials say an injured hiker has been rescued at Lake Tahoe after having a health problem.
Authorities said Monday that a man and woman were hiking down to the water on the north side of Lake Tahoe near Bonsai Rock when they got lost. When the man started to have health problems, the woman hiked back to the road to call for help.
Washoe County Sheriff's Office volunteers have rescued the man and taken him to a hospital.
Officials have not yet specified what the health problem was and have not disclosed the condition of the hiker.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Government
- Nevada death row inmate not concerned about painful execution
- Reports: President Trump to address American Legion National Conference Wednesday
- Bill raises Nevada’s minimum liability car insurance
- Nevada briefs: Heller threatened over health care vote
- Trump makes appropriately ‘much stronger’ statement on white supremacy